Getting close to the end of the year so here is the DVD Trash rundown of the best Movies and DVD/Blu-Ray releases of 2009!
1. Inglourious Basterds
3. The Hangover
5. District 9
6. Gran Torino
7. Star Trek
8. The Hurt Locker
9. Män som hatar kvinnor (The Man who hated Women)
10.The September Issue
I've seen The Wrestler in other 2009 lists and I love it but I saw it in 2008 so it will stay on my 2008 list!
Bear in mind I've not got round to seeing everything that was released and I'll slowly catch up but honourable mentions must also go to Broken Embraces, Mesrine, Drag me to Hell, Avatar and Sherlock Holmes plus I still need to see Let the right one In, Synecdoche New York, Antichrist, The Girlfriend Experience, Thirst, Frost/Nixon!
Also like to say my guilty pleasure was G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, so many things wrong with it, but I loved seeing my all time favourite childhood toys on the big screen!
DVD's and Blu-Ray's:
1. Watchmen: DC (BD, Warner Bros.)
2. Dawn of the Dead (BD, Arrow Films)
3. Cat in the Brain: Deluxe Edition (DVD, Grindhouse)
4. The Bronx Warriors Trilogy (DVD, Shameless)
5. Agent 69 Jensen: In the Sign of Scorpio (DVD, Smirk)
6. Star of David: Hunting for Beautiful Women (DVD, Discotek)
7. The Hairdressers Husband (DVD, Severin)
8. Big Trouble in Little China (BD, Warner Bros.)
9. Night of the Creeps (BD, Sony)
10. The G.I. Joe Complete Series: Collectors Edition (DVD, Shout Factory)
Again loads more DVD's and BD's are on my wishlist and great praise has been heaped on The New York Ripper (BD, Blue Underground), Man of Violence (BD, BFI), North by Northwest (BD, Warner) and Belle de Jour (BD, Optimum). Hopefully these will join the collection soon!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Severin Films now has a new look website to enjoy!
“Severin finally has a website worthy of its films,” said Carl Daft, co-founder and CEO of Severin Films. “As our company has grown, the equally burgeoning fan and media support our releases have received has demanded we create an online destination as unique and provocative as the company itself. Welcome to Severin 2.0.”
Go check them out and order your copies of Hardware and Hanna D now!!!