Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Back from NYC


Sorry for the lack of updates recently, just got back from a 5-day trip from New York City. A good time was had by all. Good eating, site seeing and (DVD) shopping was the order of the day.

There is only one place in my opinion to go DVD shopping and that is Mondo Kims at 6 St. Marks Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenue. It is a cult-movie collectors paradise. Films are organised by country or director (Fulci, Martino, Argento etc) plus Criterion or MGM Midnite Movies. They also have loads of film books, magazines such as The Dark Side and Uncut. While I was there I picked up "The Pinky Violence Collection" (Kims was the only store that seemed to be carrying this collection, as I saw it nowhere else), "The Val Newton Collection" and Criterion's latest Truffaut offering "Shoot the Piano Player"

Also managed to catch "Syriana" at the movies, George Clooney's slow burning oil scandal-political drama. A bit removed from my normal viewing habits but I'm quite interested in the subject matter and although it's slow paced, I really enjoyed it and will catch it again when its out in the UK as there was a lot to take in the first time around.

No comments: