Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2005

King Kong


I ended up going to see King Kong with a group of friends the other night, and I was not really looking forward to it. I like Peter Jackson's earlier films, like Braindead and The Frighteners but LOTR really did very little for me. However I have to admit that King Kong was pretty good and the CGI on the whole was very well done. The story held together well and grabbed your attention from the very start and the 3 hours disappeared. Its amazing the difference a good script can make to a movie that is heavily dependent on CGI. The other nice thing about the film was the old Hollywood vibe it had, it did not feel like a modern movie made to look old and it had a real 1930's serial feel to it also.

Overall I would recommend going to see it if you can over the holidays, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: