Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The EuroTrash Film Pinnacle Project


David Z over at Tomb It May Concern, has a nice little project on the go, asking fellow euro trash film exponents to list their top ten movies. A very cool idea and one I was happy to add my 2 cents to.


My Top Ten:

In no real order and this list would probably change daily, but hey:

1. The Beyond - A true horror classic and one of the best Fulci movies ever, add in the superb score and you have a masterpiece in my opinion. Also it was the 1st Fulci movie I ever bought on DVD (The Anchor Bay Tin Edition) and the anticipation of receiving this was palpable. Wish they would bring back the tins!

2. Profondo Rosso - Argento at his best and that Goblin score, fantastic!

3. Cannibal Holocaust - Much maligned for it's more questionable scenes, but at the core it's a fantastic film, that demands to be in every horror fans collection.

4. Eccezzziunale ...Veramente - An Italian comedy trash classic,although not seen by many outside of Italy, if you know the languageor culture at all then track this one down.

5. Milano Calibro 9 - Di Leo has made lots of Italian crime flicksbut this really blew me away when I saw it. Great cast with superbturns from Gaston Moschin and Mario Adorf in particular.

6. Kriminal - Lenzi brings this ultra hip fumetto to life and although only released in Italian, it's another DVD to track down ifyou know the language.

7. L'Insegnante - An Edwige Fench Italian sex comedy, that was a mainstay of the late night Italian TV schedules when I was younger and she certainly opened my eyes a little wider!

8. Zombi 2 - What more can be said? Another Fulci goretastic classic.

9. Kilink Istanbul Da' - The Turkish Kriminal/Diabolik rip off, but great fun and totally politically incorrect. Recently brought out on DVD by Onar Films and they should be applauded for doing so.

10. Four times that night - Bava has made many classics, but of all the films I've watched recently this was so enjoyable and just so different from Bava's usual style but at the same time totally enthralling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice list! I'm curious about all the Edwidge Fenech sex comedies, but I haven't watched any yet. I'll have to give some a try soon since a lot of them seem to finding their way onto DVD lately.